Monday, March 15, 2010

Did a deer just nibble on my jacket?

The kiddos and I went for an adventure today to Bonnie Springs. If you have never heard of it. It is a western attraction made up of a ghost town with cowboy melodramas, petting zoo, and train rides. It sounds like fun right? Well....we got there and the town was closed. No melodramas, train ride-not open, and the petting zoo...I was super excited, but Mason was freaked out. He doesn't like animals that are not in their cages. Maryn was happy in my arms. I would have gotten more pictures, but I was covered with children shrieking and pleads of wanting to leave.
Yep, that is a deer. I know it is harmless, but I have never seen one so close. Usually deer see a person and they take off right? this one didn't. it came up and started nibbling on my jacket. It was huge, and I freaked out a little. The goat also thought it was snack time and nibbled on Mason and Maryn's clothes. The kiddos were ready to get out of there. We passed a camel (caged thank goodness) and lots of Rabbits and guinea pigs. There where other animals, but I can't remember.  I will get more pictures next time, but I promised not to take them back....(will go when they are older. I want to go back and see the not afraid of humans deer).
Mason climbed his first tree there. He did it all by himself. My rule -- you can climb a tree if you can get up and down by your self.  Maryn was super excited for him and ignored the rule and helped him.


He was so happy to get his feet up there!

1 comment:

Kristy and Erik said...

That is awesome! My kids would be scream to go home too. It is great to see all your new posts. I love seeing what you guys are up too. Take care!