Saturday, March 13, 2010

Six Tunnels Half Marathon Relay

I have been training for another race this year and since I did a 5K in December I decide to double that and do a 10k . I found a race by Lake Mead called the Six Tunnels Half Marathon and saw that two people could a relay for the half marathon. I loved the idea of running by the lake and under tunnels up to Hover Dam. I asked Randy if he would run it with me. He was in and was nice enough to take the 7 mile part of the relay and I did the 6. We asked our good friends Jady and Dawn if they wanted to do it with us. A little friendly competition doesn't hurt. They were in, and to make it more fun we decided the loser pays for dinner.

Team Lomax

Team West

The Ladies are up first.
6 miles. on a paved trail
When we finish our part we give our time chip and race number to our studly husbands and they finish the race.

The studly husbands.
7 miles mostly uphill in dirt. 

The results:
Team West beat Team Lomax by 1 min. Jady lost his timing chip off his shoe so they did not get an offical finish time.
Team Lomax finished in 1:57:42. We placed 3rd and were given plaques. We gave one of our plaques to the Wests since they beat us at the finish line. 

It was a great experience for me. I loved running and competing along with my husband and enjoying the race with good friends. I loved pushing myself knowing my husband would run faster and harder than I ever would. I ran a personal record time. I got a metal and a plaque. And I am super excited to race again.

No comments: