Our sweet Maryn wanted to be something even sweeter for Halloween this year.
Strawberry Short Cake.
After a quick glance at the party city costume magazine
she knew what she was wearing. Not because of the striped tights, cute dress or the massive adorable hat. She wanted to have pink hair. A few weeks before Halloween, I decided to get her costume. We went to three different stores and strawberry shortcake was sold out. We did find her pink hair, but Maryn wasn't satisfied. I had a small panic attack that night after the kids went to bed.
Maryn didn't have a second favorite,
and I wasn't going to make her costume.
My sewing machine was in storage...(my favorite excuse).
I took flight on the world wide web and searched for and hour.
So many strawberry shortcake costumes;
Baby shortcake, sexy shortcake, old school shortcake, shortcake friends, then I found it. "It" was 60 bucks, and I am not that desperate...yet. A few more sites and I found the right, not so over priced one. She loved it the minute it came in the mail. She loved wearing it at all her halloween parties. She kept the hair on all night , during dance, and for trick-or-treating. She only complained when her head itched.
She loved putting freckles on her nose and cheeks.
when I took her freckles off for the last time she had a permanent one! A freckle showed up on her nose to stay!
She loves looking at it and remembering Halloween.
She wants to be Strawberry Shortcake next year! |
No comments:
Post a Comment