Saturday, August 16, 2008

Left Handed

I finally made the decision to do something about my carpel tunnel in my right hand.
I had surgery on August 6, 2008.
I have been living life as a lefty for the past 10 days, and I am ready for the right handed world!! I am expressing my frustration since I have not been able to lift 1-2 pounds (yeah right! A mother of two with a 3 1/2 year old and a 14 month old), and opening the cupboard is something I have to mentally prepare for...
I am not the best patient since recovering means to stop and rest and I don't really know how to do that.
Though I am Mrs. negative and my life is so hard--boo hoo, I have to say there has been one positive thing about this experience. I got to have my mom come out and help me. My mom is wonderful and awesome! She couldn't wait to play with Mason and Maryn and she took on the roles of mommy, grandma, laundry lady, ironing extraordinaire (Randy is still excited about his shirts) and was patient and understanding with all my questions about growing up and family history.
I am happy to have her in my life and honestly at the age of 29 I realize how important it is for me to know she will be with me in the life to come. No my mom is not perfect and neither am I, but I am so excited to enjoy this life with her and know there will be peace, understanding, love, communication and many pedicures. I love you Mom.

5 comments:

Kristy and Erik said...

Hey guys,
I am so sorry about your hand I hope that you start feeling better. Don't you just love when your mom comes to take care of you when your older makes you feel like your little again,besides the little ones running around. Hope you feel better soon.

Corinne Hoyt said...

Hey LeAnn. Your kids are so cute. And I love your hair!! Just thought I'd say hi. I don't know if you even remember me. Corinne (vesrluys) Hoyt. I hope your hand is feeling better!

Sara said...

I'm glad you and mom had a great time and I'm glad your hand is getting better. Just one question: What's wrong with being a lefty?

briggsy said...

I didn't know you had carpel tunnel! I hope the surgery does the trick. How fun that your mom came out, though! I love the pic of you & your mom! You always have such great hair & the best smile!

Aubrey said...

Hi LEANN,
I got your link off of Ashley's. HOpe you don't care. I miss seeing you guys, and Trey sure wishes he could have played with Mason more. Your arm seemed to heal really fast. Although it wasn't me, and I never ever heard you complain. So I don't think your negative! By the way, I love Maryn's room walls. Wow, your brave for tackling those lines.