Sunday, March 8, 2009

Day Light Savings

On the weekends our children are the alarm clock. It has always been that way and we thought it would stay that way until they were teenagers, but we were wrong. As you know this Sunday was day light savings. We moved the "important" clocks ie..the microwave, stove, radio, forward an hour then went to bed. I got up this morning with Mason climbing in bed, snuggling, then asking to turn on the tv. Of course I say yes! Maryn is till sleeping! I get to sleep in too. forty-five minutes pass and I start to think about my day, the sunshine coming through my window and how I probably need to get out of bed so we can make it to church on time. I get up, shower, and look at the clock. It is 9:15. I do a double take, Open the door, and ask Randy if he changed the clock in the bathroom? No answer. I go down stairs to look at the "important" clocks and no it isn't 9:15 it is 10:15. Church started 15 minutes ago. I couln't believe it. We have NEVER slept in that long with children. We missed sacrament meeting! I was sad about that, because Mason was suppost to sing with the primary. Insead we got to hear him scream. He was so tired, and let me remind you he did NOT sleep in. After battle of the Mason, we made it to church and were laughed at, made fun of, and though we did get to sleep in we were all, minus Maryn, still tired.

We all enjoyed our one and only meeting. Maryn, in Nursery playing with the dolls, Randy in Elders quorum not playing with dolls and me, in Young Womens. Mason enjoyed primary so much that he happily announced, during sharing time, that he is going to be a Jedi when he grows up. He already has the force and a green light-saber.

Do I love day light savings? Nope, but thanks jedi for putting a smile on my face. I hope the force is with me next week.

1 comment:

briggsy said...

Day light savings is the worst! Just when you feel good about the kids schedule, you have to change & stress & have anxiety about when you will get decent sleep! I wish I had innocently missed church-that's hilarious!