We had a wonderful time at Lake Powell with my family. It has been five years since I have been to this beautiful place, and I got to share my idea of heaven with my children. The only bad part was Randy had to stay home. He just started his practice and needed to be available for his patience
The kids and I enjoyed playing with cousins, aunts and uncles, Grandma and Grandpa, playing in the water, riding the wave runner, playing in the sand, tubing, and sleeping under the stars on top of the house boat.
Lake Powell is heaven on earth. A place to relax, enjoy being with family, and spend some quality time with my children doing the things I love to do at their age. I really realized this trip that it wasn't about me and what I wanted to do. It was about them and helping them make wonderful memories for themselves. Thank you Mom and Dad for the fun time. Thanks to everyone else for playing with us. We love you.
Mason and Maryn loved being on the wave runner. I knew when we hit the waves on the wave runner and the boat, and they were all smiles we had more "Powell" trips in our future.
Nephews Zac and Ryan
My sis Diane looking Lake Powell beautiful.
That's my girl. She was naked most of the trip.
That's my boy. Loved, loved, loved the sand
Nephew Grayson.
We had 23 nieces and nephews on this trip. I didn't get a chance to get pictures of all of them, but it was so fun to see them and spend time with them.
Maryn is not complete unless she is taking care of her baby.
Yup, this is me. The usual picture of me on the floor, no make-up, nasty hair and loving it. Lake Powell beautiful
This is Grayson, again, this time it is his good side.
Nephews Ben and Ryan
Nephew Sam. He broke his arm the night before our trip. That didn't stop him from playing in the sand, jumping off the house boat and rowing in the raft. He was the master engineer of the dam construction. He was all smiles and no complaints.
This is what welcomed us as we docked the houseboat. A fantastic hole for dumping water, the sand God of something, and a great fire pit with huge logs for burning. I also made a rocking dinner in that fire pit. I roasted potatoes in the pit for a potato bar. Thanks Christine and JR for the help. The potatoes were mighty tasty.
Mason in heaven. Climbing, finding lizards, breaking rocks like superman and throwing rocks into the lake.
The thorn in my brother Jeff's and brother-in-law Marc's side. I proposed to blow up the sea doo and give it proper burial in the lake. The burial almost happened when the plug "didn't get put back in" after being on top of the house boat while cruising back to the dock.
Jeff and Marc working with the generator for the house boat too. Thanks guys for making it comfortable for everyone.
How fun!! And Maryn looks so grown up in her little pig tails! Totally love 'em! And Mason, my goodness he's growing like a weed! I'm glad you guys had fun! :)
Thanks for posting pictures of the trip! It is fun to see since it has been years since I've been there too! Sun and Wind burns...awe memories...Gotta love lake powell.
4 comments:
How fun!! And Maryn looks so grown up in her little pig tails! Totally love 'em! And Mason, my goodness he's growing like a weed! I'm glad you guys had fun! :)
Looks Like so much fun. Family time together are always the best memories. Love you guys.
I've never been there, but now I want to go even more. It's a bummer about Randy, these poor guys have to work so hard. Take care.
Thanks for posting pictures of the trip! It is fun to see since it has been years since I've been there too! Sun and Wind burns...awe memories...Gotta love lake powell.
Post a Comment