Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A party there is, and attend in costume you must

Happy 5th birthday Mason!

My Yoda Mason has returned and has all his school and non school friends help celebrate his birthday. Mason insists his parties be costume and assumes every birthday party is a costume party. This year he chose Star Wars for his theme and Yoda for his cake. I have such a fun time making his cakes so I was up for the challenge. I found some great ideas online, but the one I wanted  needed the "count" from Sesame Street cake pan and I could not find one anywhere. Luckily Grandma and Grandpa Lomax were visiting Aunt Janet and Aunt Janet made some phone calls to some local bakeries and found me a pan. Grandma and Grandpa were coming the next day and brought the pan with them from California. They all saved the day. Yoda made his appearance in green and brown frosting and the birthday boy was so excited . 

Grandma also helped out with  with making a cloak for Mason so he could go as Yoda. Again, I found the idea online and it was super easy...well, it was suppose  to be easy. I had forgotten my sewing machine was still in storage (pod 2) and the material was already purchased. I had to come up with something else. That something else was fabric glue. We had never used it before, but it worked out just fine. Thanks Grandma Joan for helping me, You are the best. I am sad to say young Yoda was not interested in wearing the cloak. He changed his mind the last minuted to be Wolverine.  

We had his party at the park by our apartment. It was really windy, and Mason was super sad he couldn't blow out his candles. He wanted to build a fort around his cake so he could make a wish and blow them out. 






The party goers ate pizza and played some games. The best part was watching all the kids play on the playground in their costumes. It was such a fun sight. 


Mason had such a fun time at his party. He loved all his friends, all the gifts, and all the good times in costume. 

We love you Mason.
Happy Birthday!


No comments: