Went on my run tonight and had a scare. About 35 yards a head of me I saw a large "dog" run across the road (ran to the side I was running on). Watching it as I ran closer I decide it was not a dog. Maybe a coyote... Whatever it was, I didn't want to run past it. So, I go in the middle of the street to flag down a car to verify my siting. Two cars sped past me. Who wouldn't want to help a girl standing in the middle of the road waving her arms?? The "dog" ran back across the street into undeveloped land and stood close to the road. A car stopped and another turned around and pulled up next to the first one. I asked the people in the cars if they saw "it" and they did! They said it wasn't a coyote, it was too big, and it didn't look like a dog. Probably a wolf!!! I know!! One of the drivers offered me a ride home. I was bummed not to finish my run, but I didn't want to take any chances. I didn't want to get chased by a wolf... unless it was Jacob trying to protect me from a vampire:)
What is the lesson I learned tonight? No more running at night, and not getting in a strangers car!! scary I know, but everything worked out.
7 comments:
Wow, we're glad to hear you're safe! I didn't know there were wolves in Vegas.
Celeste, I asked the "internet" if wolves lived in Nevada....a long time ago. What ever it was it was big.
I'm not lying...I saw the wolf tonight as well! It's Jacob I'm sure of it. Somebody needs to call Animal Control....
Crazy woman! It's all this craze about new moon. there must be vampires in the area too. wear a scarf!
I can't believe you would jump in the car. That's almost scarier than the wolf. Yeah for your running legs. You should watch a movies called Running the sahara. So inspiring. Heather
I wouldn't run at night, we have cougars! glad you decided to stop before something bad did happen.;)
super scary story. It did make me laugh though. I could totally picture you telling the story. Please don't jump into anymore strangers cars. I'm so glad you are safe!!!!
Post a Comment