I am getting the 72 hour kits updated, and Mason is very curious. When I told him what I was bringing, and we might have to leave the house. He let me know to make room for the Wii. I told him that we couldn't bring it he was devastated.
Mason: "What if it burns up in a fire? " Mom: "we'll buy a new one". Mason "what if it isn't Christmas time?" Mom: "It doesn't matter". Mason (in tears) "What about my favorite movies? What about Tom and Jerry?" Mom: " we will get new ones". Mason (calmed down): Where are we going to poop? Mom: "in the woods" Mason: "I'm not that good at pooping the the woods".
I can understand his nerves and concern. It is hard to explain that we may or may not have to use our kits, but he doesn't quite understand. I told him we are just following the prophet and being prepared.
I wish all I cared about was my video games and DVD's and making sure they are safe. In a way I am glad he doesn't get it completely. It is scary and can happen so suddenly. Thank goodness for being prepared. If we weren't it would be a very different story. I would be answering the questions about food, water and shelter.
I love my Mason and his inquisitive mind.
1 comment:
Gosh! I didn't think about that! what if I DO have to poop in the woods. I am not that good at it either.
Post a Comment