Saturday, September 18, 2010

Sometimes you gotta laugh

Tonight was a night I have been desperately needing. Randy left for St. George with friends Jady and Joel for the Kokopelli triathlon, and I was determined to relax and enjoy myself with the kiddos. Here is Why. We are homeless as of Wednesday. Our home we want to buy is being held ransom by jaded sellers who would rather buy a BMW than have almost a million dollars of debt taken off their shoulders. Our current home is being taking over by renters who signed a two year leasing agreement. Our month to month wasn't good enough. I am in denial that we have move. I am not motivated and stressed because where are we going to live?

The stress of everything has really taken a toll on me. A panic attack on Tuesday night, being on the phone nonstop with rental properties. They in turn laugh out loud at my question of a month to month or three month lease, staying in contact with our fabulous Realtor, brainstorming how to get the sellers motivated, and to let us into the property early, and needing to fill in at Randy's office.  *phew*

 Tonight was the night, according to Maryn, to go wild. It all started with the kiddos playing with the hose. Mason was washing off the spiderwebs from the house. Maryn was drawing with chalk and I was sitting in my lawn chair enjoying the early evening. My friend drives up to say hi. We chit-chat for a minute or two then out of nowhere comes water. Maryn, with a smile on her face, sends streaming water toward Mason, then at me and at my friend. Mason and I ran to safety on the side of the garage and my friend Brooke gets it straight into the car. Her 5 year old Ian  is soaked, and she quickly pulls away laughing. Maryn was loving every second of her attack. Mason had a squirt bottle and was trying to get Maryn, but he found out nothing measures up to the hose on stream spray. We played water war for a half an hour and enjoyed getting soaked taking turns with the hose. It felt so good to play. The kiddos loved getting me wet and watching me run away. It all ended when Brooke came back to laugh at us more, and see how the war was going. Maryn tried to get her again, but a truce was called and into the shower the kiddos went.

After our war games we sat down on the couch for some good old movie time with Bugs Bunny. The kiddos loved it, and I laughed harder than I did as a child. I really needed a good laugh and some quality time with my kids. Life is way to short, and I hate it when life's stresses take over.

My hope for tomorrow?  Four days we move out. We will have a home to move into, and some progress with our home we want to buy.

Hope is a commandment. I will continue obeying that commandment and continuing with a whole lot of faith.

3 comments:

Spencer and Celeste said...

I'm glad you found some fun time in the midst of all the stress. That's not easy to do sometimes. Everything is going to work out for you, hopefully the way you want it to!

Bryan and Brianna said...

That's so fun! I bet the kids are going to be talking about that for a while. :)
But I am sorry about all of the moving stress. Your family is in my prayers! I hope you guys find something that you can move into. I love you lots!!

Unknown said...

You are inspiring Girlie! hang on!