Laundry, laundry everywhere.
It's on my bed it is on the stairs.
Randy's begging for ironed shirts
but in my crazy life it just doesn't work.
Two kids, a house, lawn to be watered
I am to the point, laundry, why bother?
Digging through clean piles to find the right style,
to wear to church I find something that
I haven't worn for a while.
Getting kids ready in their Sunday best,
that includes convincing Mason it's time to get dressed.
Getting snack's and crayons so kiddo's can draw.
Sitting in Sacrament all calm and relaxed I realized, I'm not wearing a bra.
Laughing out loud during the speaker.
I laughed again because I get to teach a lesson two hours later.
I taught my lesson all comfy and hang'n,
My friends couldn't stop laughing even when singing.
My life is busy--that's true, and there will always be laundry to do.
I am love'n my life even with out the bra!
6 comments:
I love it! I am amazed at your talent. And by the way, I'm still laughing!
I am impressed. That was really great and very true.
Please excuse this random comment from somebody you don't know, but there is nothing more comical than LDS parents trying to herd small children to church. I've forgotten to button my oxford collar more than once, I can't remember the last time I wore an ironed shirt, my wife once forgot to wear a slip, I've forgotten my cell phone/pager (while on call) and almost made it out the door without a tie a few times, etc, etc. But the bra takes the cake. That's awesome. Great post.
That is great!! Love the lawn too!
That made my day, LeAnn! Thanks for reminding all the moms out there that we all get a little "forgetful" sometimes. I can't believe you stayed!
What a great poem! I never knew you were such a great, funny, poet!
Post a Comment