Sunday, September 14, 2008

TOFW

I had the chance to go "Time Out For Women" for the first time this weekend, and it was amazing. In fact so amazing that I have a spiritual hangover and need to write about it so I can focus on reality.

Since this was my first experience I was hesitant and unsure about spending $$$ to listen to presenters try to sell me their books. I walked in the convention center and thought "Oh great, this is going to be a revival! What on earth am I doing here?" Well, I was completely wrong! I relaxed once the prayer was said and the welcomes were made. Hillary Weeks performed, Michael McLean stole the show with his amazing stories, songs and humor. Saturday Jane Clayson-Johnson spoke and I had to meet her because I was moved by her book "I am A Mother". I was a wreck while talking to her. I expressed appreciation and gratitude to her for telling her story and personal conviction to being a mother, and why it is so important.
Motherhood IS the most important, amazing, fulfilling, hardest, thing I will do in my life.
My husband and children are my world!

This experience was a roller coaster of emotions. I think that is were my hangover is from. Laughing as a story is told then crying the next minute when a song is sung or the right word is spoken and the spirit pierces my heart. Every presenter had a story and a theme to lift; to remind you that "YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD"; God wants you to be happy, and to feel JOY. There was personal testimony of the Savior Jesus Christ, and they put their heart, soul, and love on the stage for you to feel. It was really raw...

I look forward to the next one.

3 comments:

Sara said...

I'm glad you got to go. I would have been on the roller coaster of emotion with you!

briggsy said...

I think these things are a definite "must" for women. I have loved Women's Week at BYU & I went to Education Week for the first time this year with my mom. It gives me the little "umph" I always need to go forward. I am glad you had a good time & were spiritually fed.

Sullivan Family said...

I wish I could have been there with all of you!! Next year count me in. You will have to tell me all about it. GINA