It has been a tradition to see Santa Christmas Eve (yes, we are encouraging procrastination). It has been a lot of fun, and have been lucky to have Santa all to ourselves at the mall. We wanted to do the mall again and were told to go to the District for the real experience--Santa's House!! The District is an outdoor mall and has a place just for Santa during Christmas time to get pictures taken. We were super excited to see his house and to see the line wasn't that long. We were expecting to be in line for maybe a half an hour or less, but then we noticed that we haven't moved much. I saw the line getting longer so I was happy we got there when we did, but I overheard the family in front of us saying the line was moving a family/group about every 15minutes. I had to ask them what they just said. Not apologizing for interrupting because of shock. They told me what I over heard ( I am so bad!) and we had to make the choice to wait it out or go home. We decide to wait it out and make the best of it. We made friends with our fellow line people and felt sorry for the people behind us.
We waited in line for two and a half hours. Yep, we waited that long! and better yet, we moved about 50 feet.

It was about 40 degrees and barley tolerable to keep us in line.
Look at this silly face. We HAD to wait for Mason to tell Santa he wanted "Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games"
We finally made it, and it was worth it. I think it was more magical for me since I was trying to make it special for the kids. I got really wrapped up in the moment. I got choked up when I saw Mason's face light up seeing Santa in his house. I got nervous when I saw Maryn almost bursting into tears.
Isn't he cute!
Maryn did not like Santa at all. She was terrified and wanted to go home. Poor thing! There was no way we were leaving without a picture so Mom saved the day and sat in with the Big man and kiddos. Maryn didn't let mom go and since we didn't plan on having the whole family in the picture we didn't think about Randy siting down for the fun.
Maryn finally smiled, but gave Santa the cold shoulder when he asked her what she wanted. She wanted an "Aurora princess game". Mason was thrilled to tell him what he wanted, and encouraged Santa to get on his sleigh so he wouldn't be late.
We had 10 minutes of Santa time and after paying 15 bucks for our picture of our scared daughter, super excited son, and the random mom, we were booted out.
Candy canes in hand we walked back to our car staving and ready to put the kids in bed.
Was it worth it? Yes! It was our first Christmas in our new city. It was memorable and we know better for next year.
HO, HO, HO
No comments:
Post a Comment