I am a self proclaimed non-runner. I made my mind up a few years ago that running was not for me, and I found enjoyment doing other things. Then Randy started training for this first triathlon. Seeing his dedication really was inspiring. Also watching him finish his triathlon really lit a fire in me.
If he can do it so can I!
So I decide to work on running.
I heard about the couch to 5 K program from Randy's brother Mike, and I had to try it.
I trained for 9 weeks slowly making my way from running 1 min and walking two minutes to running 35 min without walking.
I am so impressed with the program and myself! I feel so empowered, and now I am running my first 5K in years!
My race is the Run With Santa 5K.
Race day was full of nerves since I haven't raced in a long time and I had my own expectation to finish the race without walking. I was given my number and timing chip--I felt super cool at that moment! There were a lot of racers dressed up in Christmas colors, as reindeer and elves. It was a fun environment and I was excited to get started.
The horn went off and off I went going my slow and steady pace with a smile on my face. That smile lasted the whole race. I loved every minute of it.
I finished in 34min 45seconds.
I also meet my goal of finishing without walking!!
I look forward to my next race!
No comments:
Post a Comment