Tuesday, April 6, 2010

little miss muffett

Randy was taking out the garbage and saw this bad boy out of the corner of his eye. He came in with huge eyes telling me  "You have to come see this". "This" is a very pregnant black widow spider. She is huge! Sitting on her web on the inside of our garage. Immediately I wanted to get a jar and lid to catch her and look at her, but I chickened out because of the poison thing.
like the skeleton of what was eaten sitting on the web.
Randy grabbed a toy shovel to try to smash the spider against the garage door. As you can tell it was not smashed and now on the floor. Now I really want to get that jar and lid!! Instead we watch it scurry back to it's web. This time it hides underneath one of the garage door bars.  I am smacking Randy with the toy shovel since we can't reach it to kill it, and it is a live black widow feet away from our laundry room! I decide to use the shovel and take the web down. The web is so strong and snapping so loud as I pull. As I am pulling on the web the spider comes with it. It drops to the floor and Randy gets the toy shovel.

I don't know why we are using a toy shovel in all this, but it is working for us. Randy has it trapped and we think he has smashed it, but we lift up the toy and it is still there and trying to get out. 

Randy smashed it and part of the web too. We immediately throw it in the garbage. We will get the kiddos another sand shovel. The next day I called the bug man. Come to find out we had three black widow webs along our garage and one by our front door. I love my bug company!! No more roaches, spiders or other creepy crawling things!

No comments: