Now this is when it get's hard for mom!
I took him into school, and they had the kids from every grade meet in the gym.
Mason found his class and lined up.
He was thrilled to see some of his friends from the neighborhood and church.
I was thrilled I wasn't crying yet. The principal made some announcements, then told all the parents to say goodbye.
I lost it.
She was telling me it was time to go!!
How dare she! No! It is up to me when it is time to go. This is my son!!
I realized quickly he is at the mercy of school now.
I am not in charge of him anymore--well, between the hours of 8 and 3.
I just put my trust in his teachers, and other leaders to teach, love and take care of him!
I don't like that, but it's okay. I did it...right?
He had a fantastic first day.
I wished he had a cell phone and could text me to say he was okay and having fun.
Even though he can't read or spell, I was all for letting a six year old have a cell phone...
Maryn and I picked him up and took him to Golden Spoon to talk about his day.
He said "It was fun, but too long. It interrupted my Wii time".
He IS in all day kindergarten....
Enjoy Kindergarten Mason!!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment