Monday, July 21, 2008

Hey Everybody It's Family Night --- bowling

Tonight for family night we went bowling. There is nothing like watching a three year old bowl. First Mason insists on paying. He puts a dollar bill on the counter and smiles. He grabs his shoes excitedly walks to the lane. He gets his blue six pound ball and is ready. With Randy's instruction on where to put his fingers Mason walks up to the line and throws the ball in the air. We all watch it come down with a loud thud. The ball inches it's way down the lane and to our surprise he knocks six pins down. He turns around and yells YES! and happily waits for the ball to return for his next attempt. He lines up on the line, throws the ball....thud, roll, roll, roll, He gets a spare.

Okay, the kid beat me by six pins even with bumpers. This is my excuse- "I was letting Maryn roll the ball down for me because she was going nuts and had the uncontrolled desire to follow the ball down the lane".
I still don't understand how my three year old beat me. Randy had the top score. I already knew Randy would cream me, but now Mason...I need to practice.

After bowling we ate a yummy dinner and headed to the pool. We all had a great time splashing and having Mason stand on our shoulders and be launched in the air...I can't believe I have a kid I can throw off my shoulders. Maryn loved gliding around in her floaty and spinning. She also loves the lazy river and saying hi to the life guards and other random people.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Tell Maryn I said "Hi!"

Tyler Walton said...

Sounds like good fun....We need an update pic of the famous face!!!

briggsy said...

Sounds very familiar to our bowling experiences! Especially the big thud sound!