Monday, July 21, 2008

yard work gone bad

This summer I decided to be the official grounds keeper of the Lomax property. Watering, pulling weeds, I even mowed! It has been fun until..........Crabgrass invasion, grass growing in the flower beds. and vegetable plants eaten from the inside out. It is very frustrating for me to see my efforts go down hill. At one time I stopped watering all together when I found out from my neighbor that I was letting our grass go to seed (which was a good thing), but I was also letting the crabgrass go to seed. ARG!! We have more crabgrass than grass. So basically we are back to square one with our grass situation. We have the dirt, but now more crabgrass!

With the temperatures around a 100' and 70% humidity I have to keep up my keeper efforts or everything will die.

My list of yard wants: Sprinkler system, riding lawn mower...
How about Someone I can pay!

Did I also mention baby bunnies nesting in the back yard and catching mama bunny and daddy bunny in the act in the middle of my yard! Go do it in the forest not in front of my kids!! Also we have Moles making themselves at home in the flower beds. My approach of eliminating Mr Mole; stomping down each path way in anger and hoping not to step on him.
GROSS!

3 comments:

Kristy and Erik said...

Hey Lomax Family,
I see that you are in the Blogging world now, I love reading your blogs they are awesome. Your kids are so so cute. Well I just wanted to say Hi, so HI.
The Leis Family

Sara said...

You make me laugh. I so do the same thing with my garden. I work hard to have it go downhill by the end of the summer.

briggsy said...

Oh, dreaded yard work! I love being outside, but I get so frustrated at how quickly the weeds come back! It is good to know that I am not the only one with yard work woes!