Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Home Run Derby

Mason is having a blast watching the home run derby. He is thrilled to see Albert Pujols and Prince Fielder getting ready to hit, and is constantly asking if Yadier Molina is catching. Mason quickly picked up the rules of the derby and is counting the outs and home runs. He is cheering for all the kids in the outfield and is excited for them when they catch a ball.

I love Mason's excitement for baseball. I am also bummed with Mason and his dad when we can't get a Cardinal's game on t.v. I have to smile when Randy has a "great idea", and puts Mason on his lap in front of the computer to watch the updates on the Cards game. They watch the yellow dots move with a base hit, and Mason keeps track of the balls, strikes and outs.
Nothing like baseball between a father and a son.

Go Pujols!!

No comments: